Super 80/DC-9 Web Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General User Forums > Public Repaint Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repaint Manager for P3dV4???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610799kbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repaint Manager for P3dV4???
    Posted: August-19-2019 at 5:27pm
Hi Y'all,

Just purchased the Mega Pack for P3dV4.  I see there are a lot of repaints out there for all 3 aircraft but most of them are in the ".pkg" format.  It seems that the Repaint Manager (RM) is needed in order to install them but it doesn't appear that the RM works in P3dV4.  Or, at least I don't know how to install it to make it work.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Bruce Sheridan
Jacksonville, FL. USA
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2019 at 8:47pm
As far as I know, RM does not work with P3D at all and Flight1 is not likely to port it over to P3D. I have seen posts somewhere where people created fake folders for FS9 and used RM to create those liveries which can then be manually installed into FSX.

Liveries for FSX don't use RM so if you can find the livery your are looking for in FSX format, you can copy them directly into P3D as the P3D version of these aircraft use the same files as FSX. Most contain instructions on how to modify aircraft.cfg to use addon liveries. Even though those instructions are intended for FSX, they also work for P3D as the aircraft folders are the same.

You can find FSX repaints for these aircraft at AVSIM and on the Flight1 File Library System.
John Patterson
610799kbs View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610799kbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2019 at 3:53pm
Thank you John!

Not exactly the answer I was looking for, since most of the repaints I have downloaded, when unzipped, contain the usual ".pkg" file.

I should have looked into this before I purchased the software.  I already have the CLS MD80 series and there's a lot of repaints available.  I thought the Coolsky would sit between the CLS and Fly the Mad Dog as far as detail and that's why I got it.  Oh well. It does have Delta and American plus a few other.  Not a total loss. 

Surprised there have been no other posts about this by other P3d users.

CryCryCry
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2019 at 4:12pm
pkg files are for FS9. Have you looked for an FSX version of what you are looking for?
John Patterson
bendyflyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bendyflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2020 at 2:50am
Well I will update on this. Bought it to replace my old FSX stuff now I have moved on to P3DV5. 

I have not found a single repaint that works without the pkg manager that is scripted for FSX. II tried copying across the models (after reinstalling FSX just to do this) and guess what. The package manager still will not work. 

So I guess it is the end of the line for any repaint requiring the pkg manager. - Just wonderful- NOT
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2020 at 8:16am
None of the Super 80 repaints use the repaint manager. Simple extract the textures and install using the enclose instructions. Repaints for FS9 cannot be used but all FSX repaints work with P3D v4. I haven't tried them with V5 but don't see any reason why they won't work.
John Patterson
bendyflyer View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bendyflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2020 at 8:13pm
Ok managed to get the repaint manager working for the DC-9 and sort of for the MD80, its a long winded process but still solved the problem. I had to reinstall FSX on a hard drive to do it but that is fine. 

Thanks for the response by the way. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic