Super 80/DC-9 Web Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General User Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mach trim compensator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aadnelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mach trim compensator
    Posted: December-24-2007 at 10:39am

Hello. Can anyone in here tell me more about Mach trim compensator than I found on the net.

All I found was: It is a flight control system, an automatic control sub-system which provides pitch trim of an aircraft as a function of mach number.

Does that it mean that it controls the pitch when the FGCP says M . 720 so the aircraft holds M. 720?

It that the right answer??

Ådne
Espen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2007 at 9:05am
The mach trim compensator is an automatic system which automatically trims the aircraft at high mach numbers. At high speed at high altitude, a nose up correction is need to keep the aircraft trim in balance. They way this works in the MD-80 is that the mach trim compensator pulls back on the First Officer's control column, effectively trimming the aircraft using elevator input, not the trim tabs.

This has nothing to do with what it says on the FGCP. Actual airspeed at all times is used. I don't know at what speed the mach trim compensator kicks in. All my manual says is "high mach numbers".

Hope this was useful. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic