Super 80/DC-9 Web Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General User Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Download Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyekhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Download Issues
    Posted: November-30-2017 at 12:22am
Hi, I am trying to purchase/download the DC-9 Classic from Coolsky website. Once I downloaded the executable file before I can make the payment I am getting this error message " windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" I am currently an admin on the computer I should have access to download anything. 
Any idea as to why this is happening? Is there a problem with the .exe file or access?

flyekhan
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 2:14pm
First, disable your antivirus and firewall. Especially if you are using Windows Defender. Next, right click on the installer file and select "Run as Administrator".
John Patterson
flyekhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyekhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2017 at 10:57pm
can you please tell me how to disable antivirus and firewall?
I am using windows and ruining the exe file as an admin....thanks in advance.
flyekhan
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2017 at 10:33am
What operating system are you using?

Step one is to use the help feature on your OS to find out how to disable them. That is the easiest way.
John Patterson
Espen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2017 at 5:11pm
I agree with John. It sounds like your anti-virus (AV) software has restricted your access to the installation file or simply deleted it/put it into quarantine. You AV software like has a way to access the list of quarantined files. You then need to tell the AV software that the DC-9 installation file is safe and needs to be restored. How to do this; The website of whoever made your AV software probably has some info about this, or contact them directly. Alternative 2: temporarily disable your AV software while downloading and installing the DC-9 Classic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic