Super 80/DC-9 Web Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General User Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confused Potential Buyer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused Potential Buyer
    Posted: October-12-2020 at 6:19pm
Hi. Am wondering whether the classic is available for P3D5, alone or in the mega pack. I’ve been away and much has changed since I wrote the AVSIM review of the airplane back in the day. I have not committed to a flight sim platform yet; just spent a bundle on a new computer. But I’ve been leaning toward P3D5. Sorry to sound dumb. Just a guy wanting to spend some money..,
Espen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Espen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 1:26am
Hi Tim,

The DC-9 Classic is only available for the P3D platform in the Megapack. It's only sold separately for the FSX and FSX Steam platforms.
CAL2177 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 7:50am
Unofficially, the P3DV4 version seems to work in P3DV5 already. I haven't tested everything but we have some users in here who do fly it in V5.

As for V4 vs V5 is concerned, I have both and don't see a whole lot of difference between the two versions except that V5 takes forever to load. Your mileage may differ.
John Patterson
Tim Capps View Drop Down
Licensed Member
Licensed Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 9:07am
Thanks Cal. I’m starting from scratch so figure I might as well go with either FSX (again) or P3Dv5. Needless to say, I would save a lot of money with FSX since everything would need to be repurchased, but I dunno. I would guess the amount of computer I’m throwing at it would improve the FSX experience I recall—a lot of tweaking and problems., but still weighing options. P3D is at least still under development.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic