Super 80/DC-9 Web Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General User Forums > Public Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Check your Simconnect Version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check your Simconnect Version
    Posted: October-04-2018 at 8:24am
We have discovered that some customers (including me) who upgraded to P3D v4.3 from v4.2 were still running simconnect v4.2. For some reason the upgrade did not update simconnect. This has caused several problems with the aircraft. Check the P3D menu under "Help" to see what version you are running. If it is simconnect v4.2, I recommend you do a full uninstall and reinstall.

I found out that just uninstalling P3D and reinstalling it is not enough as I had even more problems after doing that. I had to uninstall all addons (scenery, aircraft, etc.) then uninstall P3D and delete all P3D folders in both Program Files and both folders in my Documents folder. I also had to delete all Lockheed Martin folders in C:\users\your name\Appdata\Roaming. All refereneces to Lockheed Martin and Prepar3d. 

Then reinstall P3D clean. Load the sim, exit the sim, then install your addons. Just to be sure, load P3D and exit each time you install an addon. Especially, scenery addons.

If you never ran any version of P3D below 4.2, then you are probably fine.

I know it looks like a pain to do but trust me, you will have to do it this way. Take it from me, after it took me an unnecessary 6 hours to install, I wish I had known this in advance. I could have saved a lot of time. Total time to install the correct way takes a lot less time than that.

Blue skies!
John Patterson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic